TOPIC: Feeling Stuck in the Middle
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about a topic suggested by listener, @toddsandends: what happens when you're stuck enforcing rules you don't agree with?
Whether you're a security guard, an RA, a SysAdmin, a character on The Wire, or pretty much anybody else, sometimes there's just stuff you gotta do. Even when you think it's a terrible idea.
So, who's allowed to corrupt you, what's it worth, and how long is that going to be okay with you?
As ever, work is a lot of work.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Squarespace (10% off with offer code, "`yourshow`")
- kung fu grippe - A Sense of Scale I’ve wanted to see what’s...
- The Wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- dog diapers - Google Search
- X - See How We Are - (Acoustic) - YouTube
- kung fu grippe - Trinity “C’mon, help ol’ Gil out here!”
- Brainstorm (1983)
- Brainstorm Movie Trailer - YouTube
- SF bay area all housing classifieds "birds" - craigslist
- MarsEdit 3 - Desktop blog editing for the Mac.
- The Wire - "These are for you McNulty" - YouTube
- Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan | Achieving balance between people and dogs
- San Francisco Multimedia Gulch Nostalgia via Yahoo Maps
- Online NewsHour: Multimedia Gulch -- July 20, 1999
- Making sense of Multimedia Gulch - SFGate
- Gil Gunderson - Simpsons Wiki
- LBi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This week's episode of Back to Work is sponsored by our good friends at Squarespace. Get an extra 10% off your new account with offer code "