This week, Dan and Merlin talk about their upcoming 5by5 at the Movies episode on Glengarry Glen Ross, which segues naturally into a discussion of the many aspects of motivation.
Carrots, sticks, bonuses, fear, status, and just growing up all shape our understanding of why we (and, yeah, others) do what we do.
What happens when our motivation starts better accounting for how other people are motivated?
Get them to sign on the line which is dotted.
Links for this episode:
- A B2W HeroesCon Greeting on Vimeo
Dan Benjamin and Merlin Mann host a well-known (comics) podcast called "Back To Work". They couldn't be at HeroesCon 2014, so we put together a nice greeting, featuring a few favorite comics creators.
- Guest Post: Breaking The Low Mood Cycle | Captain Awkward
"Thoughts influence behavior, which influences outcome, which in turn feeds back into your thoughts." [[via](https://twitter.com/tiff_frye/status/483644723425329152)]
- 5by5 | 5by5 at the Movies #3: Glengarry Glen Ross
Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin talk about Glengarry Glen Ross live at 1pm ET on Thursday, July 3, 2014. Join us!
- The Aviator (2004) - IMDb
- The Aviator (2004 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Big Lebowski (1998) - IMDb
- The Big Lebowski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) - IMDb
- Glengarry Glen Ross (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cinephilia and Beyond • These precious commentaries were on the Pioneer...
Don't miss Jack Lemmon's **fantastic** commentary track for _Glengarry Glen Ross_.
- How Charles Schwab Got His Workers To Produce More Steel - Business Insider
- Best Ways to Pay Your Sales Staff - Businessweek
- 5by5 | 5by5 at the Movies #1: Goodfellas
Dan Benjamin and John Siracusa discuss Goodfellas.
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by: