Fake Laminated Bull Poop
July 8th, 2014
1 hr 19 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
TOPIC: Yes. Yes.
This week, Dan and Merlin follow-up on their recent 5by5 at the Movies episode about Glengarry Glen Ross, talking more about sales culture, media consumption, how our personal data gets used to close us, and why Dan admires Ricky Roma.
Or, Tony Roma, as you call him.
Links for this episode:
- 5by5 | 5by5 at the Movies #3: A Slight Burglary: Glengarry Glen Ross
Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin talk about Glengarry Glen Ross.
- A Slight Burglary: Glengarry Glen Ross on Huffduffer
- See You at the Top: Zig Ziglar: 9789971643096: Amazon.com: Books
- Naked Consumer: How Our Private Lives Become Public Commodities: Erik Larson: 9780140233032: Amazon.com: Books
- round tuit - Wiktionary
A circular object giving its owner the ability to get done everything that would have otherwise been put off to a later date.
- 'Original' Round Tuit! - Round Tuit gifts - Round Tuit Coins - Round Toit Origins - Round Tuit History
- Watch Planet Hulk Online | Netflix
When Earth's superheroes exile the volatile Incredible Hulk to a distant planet called Sakaar, the muscle-bound green monster is sold into slavery.
- Twitter / URFLAW_derek: @Hotdogsladies & @danbenjamin ...
@Hotdogsladies & @danbenjamin - glengarry leads = femininity/object of desire (coloring in film & ornamentation).
- On Social Media, Some Are Susceptible to Internet Outrage - NYTimes.com
But Internet outrage often says more about the commenter than the cause, and its deployment may do more harm than good, to the instigator and the issue.
- The Naked Consumer « Erik Larson : Best-selling Author of In the Garden of Beasts
After receiving a sudden surge of junk mail directed at new parents—even though my wife at the time was merely pregnant—I set out to explore the lengths companies go to spy on individual consumers. It was fascinating, and a little scary. For example, I discovered one market-research firm that put human spies in stores to follow every move a shopper made, and another company that secretly commandeered viewers’ televisions to show them commercials no one else got to see.
- The naked consumer : how our private lives become public commodities (Book, 1992) [WorldCat.org]
- Tony Roma’s Steakhouse Restaurant With Seafood, Ribs & More
- “She looks so pregnant!” - an album on Flickr
A celebration of Celebrity Baby Pr0n
- 5by5 | 5by5 at the Movies #1: Goodfellas
Dan Benjamin and John Siracusa discuss Goodfellas.
- Avengers (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first adventure featured the Asgardian god Loki seeking revenge against his brother Thor. Using an illusion, Loki tricked the Hulk into destroying a railroad track.
- Watch The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Online | Netflix
The Avengers -- Thor, Ant-Man, Hulk, Iron Man and other heroes -- are ready to save the day from villains such as Loki, HYDRA and the Red Skull.
- The Incredible Hulk: Grey Hulk aka Joe Fixit
This incarnation can lift approximately 75 tons. This incarnation does possess the "madder he gets, the stronger he gets" ability but at a much slower rate since this incarnation has some level of intelligence and reasoning and would not "lose control" as easy as the Savage Hulk incarnation.
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by Squarespace (10% off with offer code, "