TOPIC: Budgeting the Primary Secondary Project
This week, Dan and Merlin do a deep dive on a very old and very thorny topic: managing time.
Thing is: this is not about bookkeeping—it's about accounting. Being honest, humble, and diligent in mindfully applying your time and seeing how it went.
(This is a good one.)
Links for this episode:
- Fixed point in time - Tardis - Wikia
Fixed points in time were moments in the space-time continuum at which events were set in stone and could never, ever be changed, no matter what, with dire consequences if such a thing happened.
- Banking time - Bobulate
While we’re taught the value of saving money, we’re never really taught the value of saving time. Not saving time so we are more efficient elsewhere, but actually banking time. Saving it for later.
- 5by5 | Back to Work #47: Utter Failure & Hotel Steak
TOPIC: Resolving to skip the New Year's resolutions.
- 5by5 | Back to Work #48: An Abrupt Existential Jerk
TOPIC: How habits get made.
- Rogue Amoeba | Loopback: Cable-Free Audio Routing
Create virtual audio devices to take the sound from applications and audio input devices, then send it to audio processing applications. Loopback gives you the power of a high-end studio mixing board, right inside your Mac!
- The Path and the Goal by Waking Up with Sam Harris | Free Listening on SoundCloud
A conversation between Sam Harris and Joseph Goldstein about the practice of meditation.MeditationVipassanaDzogchenJoseph GoldsteinSam HarrisConsciousnessthe self
- Can The Best Financial Tips Fit On An Index Card? : All Tech Considered : NPR