TOPIC: "Creativity" where you din't expect it.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about PIXAR, creativity, and FoldingText before finally succumbing to the treachery of Skype.
Links for this episode:
- FoldingText — Plain text productivity for Mac users
For Mac users who love plain text. FoldingText is the markdown text editor with productivity features. Unlike other editors, FoldingText does outlining, todo lists, and more.
- 5by5 | The Incomparable #197: Fail Fast
We love Pixar, and we're a bunch of creative professional types. So as you can imagine, we devoured "Creativity Inc.", by Pixar president Ed Catmull. Is it a business book or an anti-business book? How do you foster creativity? Is Pixar's formula one that provides safety while preventing works of staggering genius? How much is a director or writer the author of a Pixar movie, and how much is the studio itself? And is the wild success of "Frozen" proof of anything?Panelists John Siracusa, Glenn Fleishman, Lisa Schmeiser, and David J. Loehr.
- Pet Pig Saves Family From Fire - NBC News.com
- Why a Publix-Whole Foods deal makes sense - and why it doesn't - Austin Business Journal
It seems like a foodies’ dream, too delicious to ignore: Publix, Florida’s No. 1 supermarket chain, considering a purchase of Whole Foods, the upscale grocer known for organic products.
- Ed Catmull, Pixar: Keep Your Crises Small - YouTube
- 5by5 WWDC 2014 Party - YouTube
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration: Ed Catmull, Amy Wallace: 9780812993011: Amazon.com: Books
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by: