TOPIC: It's like wallets and backpacks.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about H.R. Giger, Dan's latest Android experiment, more on app privacy, and why we need both wallets, backpacks, and suitcases. You know. Analogies.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Build a Website — Squarespace
- [SPONSOR] Online Eyeglasses & Sunglasses - $95 Rx Glasses | Warby Parker
- 5by5 | The Incomparable #194: A Real Imaginary Friend
Grab your black cat and portable radio, climb on your mom's broomstick, and join us for a discussion of Hayao Miyazaki's classic animated film "Kiki's Delivery Service." This film features a climactic scene featuring an out-of-control dirigible, so you know we love it.With panelists Merlin Mann, John Siracusa, and Steve Lutz.
- Bonus Track | Mann Canon (Episode 194b)
Many digressions from our “Kiki’s Delivery Service” episode, including all the stuff John Siracusa told us to remove because it’s just him making references to Merlin’s podcasts so obscure even Merlin doesn’t remember them.May 10, 2014 • 17 minutes • Jason Snell with Merlin Mann, Steve Lutz and John Siracusa
- Judge Expresses Concerns Over Casey Kasem's Safety - ABC News
A judge on Monday ordered an investigation into the whereabouts of Casey Kasem after an attorney for the ailing radio personality's wife said the former "Top 40" host had been removed from Los Angeles without his children's knowledge.
- H.R. Giger Has Passed Away
Swiss artist H.R. Giger, made famous for his work designing the iconic creatures in the Aliens series, has passed away at the age of 74.
- Crimson Tide (1995) - IMDb
- The Hunt for Red October (1990) - IMDb
- Cool Tools – What’s in My Bag? Mark Frauenfelder
- EVERYDAY CARRY I need more knives. And a giant... | kung fu grippe
- 5by5 | Supercharged
Listener-submitted titles for Episode 171.
- Judas Priest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Subliminal message trial)
- Milius (2013)
The true story of the greatest filmmaker you never knew
- The Hunt for Red October (1990)
- Miguel Sandoval - IMDb
- The Paul Lynde Halloween Special (1976) - YouTube
- The Paul Lynde Halloween Special - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Paul Lynde Halloween Special is a Halloween-themed television special starring Paul Lynde broadcast October 29, 1976 on ABC. It featured guest stars Margaret Hamilton in her first reprisal of her role as the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz. Also guest starring are Billie Hayes as Witchiepoo from H.R. Pufnstuf, Tim Conway, Roz Kelly, Florence Henderson, rock band KISS, Billy Barty as Gallows the Butler, Betty White and, in an unbilled surprise appearance, Donny and Marie Osmond.
We redesigned the inbox to make email light, fast, and mobile-friendly. Quickly swipe messages to your archive or trash and scan entire conversations in a chat-like view. It's a whole new inbox.
- Dispatch: TextExpander-enabled Email App for iPhone
Dispatch makes it easy to act on mails even when you're on the move. Based on Merlin Mann's idea of managing your inbox, it helps you tame your inbox by letting you delete, defer, delegate, generate actions and even respond to your mails with ease.
- danah boyd | apophenia » Best Of Apophenia
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by: