TOPIC: Consistency, Change, and Counting-Down
This week, Dan and Merlin return to the evergreen topic of new year's resolutions. Remember: in the main, you are what you've already done a lot.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Squarespace
Squarespace is the easiest way for anyone to create an exceptional website. Pages, galleries, blogs, e-commerce, domains, hosting, analytics, 24/7 support - all included.
- 5by5 | Back to Work #47: Utter Failure & Hotel Steak
TOPIC: Resolving to skip the New Year's resolutions.In the last episode of 2011, Merlin and Dan talk about fresh starts and modest changes rather than rehearsing for sucking. You don't need a calendar to tell you to change. Whether you want to give up nail biting, onanism, or drinking a gallon of vodka a day, you need a plan and a tolerance for failure. Plus, a little care never hurts.How to do it? Keep it small, keep it time-limited, keep it action-oriented.Happy New Year, jackals. We love you.
- Amazon.com: LEGO Creator 31013 Red Thunder: Toys & Games
- Amazon.com : LEGO Small Storage Head : Toy Interlocking Building Sets : Toys & Games
- Revell - The Authentic Model-Building Experience since 1945
Since 1945, Revell has been the leader in plastic model kits. Our designers are passionate about scale model authenticity and model building. Choose from our huge selection of accurately detailed cars, trucks, ships, aircraft, spacecraft plus much more and say "I Made That!"
- Amazon.com: Lego Sort and Store: Toys & Games
- Amazon.com : LEGO Friends Downtown Bakery : Toy Interlocking Building Sets : Toys & Games
- 5by5 | The Talk Show #72: H.R. Fluffypuff
This week, John Gruber and Dan Benjamin wonder about girl hobbits, updating HR FluffyPuff to Ice Cream Sandwich, transforming tablets, RIM and Baghdad Bob, all the Kindle Fires under Christmas Trees, John's driving record, and John makes someone a millionaire with whiteout diamonds.
- Interview: Scott Stossel, Author Of 'My Age Of Anxiety' : NPR