TOPIC: The thoughts we think. And think. And think.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about anxiety, compulsive thoughts, and how to at least crack an air hole in a big problem.
Way of the future.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Build a Website - Squarespace
- [SPONSOR] Stock Photos, Royalty-Free Images and Vectors - Shutterstock
- The Rook: A Novel: Daniel O'Malley: 9780316098809: Amazon.com: Books
- IMAGE EXPO 2014
Thursday January 9th at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts San Francisco, CA
- Surviving Anxiety - Scott Stossel - The Atlantic
I've tried therapy, drugs, and booze. Here’s how I came to terms with the nation's most common mental illness.
- Interview: Scott Stossel, Author Of 'My Age Of Anxiety' : NPR
Stossel's own fears include turophobia, a fear of cheese
- Five hindrances - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the Buddhist tradition, the five hindrances (Sanskrit: pañca niv?ra?a
- [AUDIO] Andrea Fella: Anxiety Worry and Fear
- [VIDEO] "The Office (UK)" - Keith - "Fanny means your arse. Not your minge."
- Buddhism Is Not What You Think: Finding Freedom Beyond Beliefs: Steve Hagen: 9780060730574: Amazon.com: Books
Buddhism is Not What You Think is a clear, direct, and engaging guide to the most essential elements of spiritual inquiry: attention, intention, honesty with oneself, compassion, and the desire to awaken. A renowned Zen teacher, Steve Hagen offers a valuable hands-on guidebook in which examples from everyday life are presented alongside stories from Buddhist teachers past and present to banish misconceptions and inspire the newcomer and the knowledgeable practitioner alike. Buddhism is Not What You Think—it is both more…and less.
- Buddhism Plain and Simple: Steve Hagen: 9780767903325: Amazon.com: Books
"Buddhism Plain and Simple" offers a clear, straightforward treatise on Buddhism in general and on awareness in particular. Steve Hagan presents the Buddha's uncluttered, original teachings in everyday, accessible language unencumbered by religious ritual.
- [VIDEO] Ronco Mister Microphone Commercial (1981)
- The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play: Neil Fiore: 9781585425525: Amazon.com: Books
- The Triumph of New-Age Medicine – Marco.org
- Introducing LayoutEngine 2 — The Official Squarespace Blog
- What's new with the LayoutEngine? | 6 Squarespace Customer Care
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing (Live 1976) - YouTube
- My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace of Mind: Scott Stossel: 9780307269874: Amazon.com: Books
As recently as thirty-five years ago, anxiety did not exist as a diagnostic category. Today, it is the most common form of officially classified mental illness. Scott Stossel gracefully guides us across the terrain of an affliction that is pervasive yet too often misunderstood.
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by: