She's Five for a Living
November 27th, 2012
1 hr 30 mins 49 secs
About this Episode
TOPIC: Intro to David Allen’s “Getting Things Done”
This week, Dan and Merlin start a long-overdue three-part storyline on David Allen’s book, Getting Things Done.
How do you unwad that giant crapball of stuff you call a life? The answer is simple, but it’s not so easy. You need a trusted system in which to collect, process, review, and—yes—do all the things that matter.
Getting Things Done is inarguably one of the best and most influential self-help books of all time for a good reason: it’s a candid, realistic, and painfully honest way to get out of your hole, and then stay out.
This week, we start with the philosophical and psychological underpinnings of GTD, as well as the myriad and thorny problems it can help you address.
So, pick up your own copy of GTD, read it through, then join us for a detailed tour of the system that changed Merlin’s game and helped jumpstart his online career.
©DavidCo, 2001. ↩
Links for this episode:
- Amazon.com: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (9780142000281): David Allen: Books
- Getting started with "Getting Things Done" | 43 Folders
- Getting Things Done | 43 Folders
- David Allen, Getting Things Done® and GTD®
- About GTD | David Allen, Getting Things Done® and GTD®
- gtd workflow map pdf - Google Search
- New GTD Workflow Map | D*I*Y Planner
- [IMG] gtd-workflow.jpg (1051×1630)
- [VIDEO] David Allen: Getting Things Done - YouTube
- [SPONSOR] Stock Photos and Royalty-Free Images by Subscription - Shutterstock
- [SPONSOR] Build a Website - Squarespace 6
- [SPONSOR] Hover - domain name and email management made simple
- Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac/iPad/iPhone (920-003884): Computers & Accessories
- Clarks Desert Boot - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
- Jamie Phelps (jxpx777) on Twitter
- [BUY THIS!] Jonathan Coulton & John Roderick - "One Christmas at a Time"
- Song Premiere: John Roderick & Jonathan Coulton - "The Week In Between" and "2600" :: Featured Audio :: Paste
- 5by5 | The Crossover #1: You Just Got Curated
- kung fu grippe • Thanks…Bub Special thanks to my pal, emersunn,...
- Logitech.com – Logitech® Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac®, iPad® or iPhone®
- Danny O'Brien (American football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Folders Stock Photos, Folders Stock Photography, Folders Stock Images : Shutterstock.com
- White Guys Shaking Hands Stock Photos, White Guys Shaking Hands Stock Photography, White Guys Shaking Hands Stock Images : Shutterstock.com
- Ep. 25: "Super Train" - Roderick on the Line - Merlin Mann
- chown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- UNIX permissions
- 5by5 | The Talk Show #57: The Banana Window
- 5by5 | Back to Work #49: The Field of Completion
- Admixture | Define Admixture at Dictionary.com
- Getting Things Done - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Getting things done : the art of stress-free productivity (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
- ISBN.NU: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Comic Book Database Software, organize your comic book collection on Windows or Mac OS X
- Wheel (Unix term) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- wheel - The Jargon File v4.4.7
- A Confederacy of Dunces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A Confederacy of Dunces:Amazon:Books
- Eggs on the Plate Without the Plate - Salvador Dali's oil painting
- Entombed (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- OmniFocus for Mac - The Omni Group
Shutterstock (coupon code
backtowork11), Hover use the code (
dansentme for 10% off), Squarespace (use the code
broastedbird for an extra 10% off).