TOPIC: Sleep and How to Get It
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about sleep—why we need it, why most of us don't get enough of it, and why we all strain to find a million excuses for perpetually walking around like a sad zombie.
Chock-a-block with painful personal anecdotes, horrible cautionary tales, and scary hand-waving about Recent Medical Science, your hosts make their best case for taking your own sleep more seriously. Now.
Also, loaded with tips on how to sleep better, with a heavy emphasis on a wonderful iOS app called, "Sleep Cycle."
Pretty good for our last episode. (Guys, we were kidding! KIDDING!)
Links for this episode:
- Turn your iPhone into a cough button - Brett Terpstra
- Monte Cristo sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sleep Cycle alarm clock
- f.lux: software to make your life better
- Dan Benjamin vs Sarlacc Pit
- The Walking Dead,Book One (Book 1): Robert Kirkman,Tony Moore,Charlie Adlard,Cliff Rathburn: 9781582406190: Amazon.com: Books
- Marvel Now | Comics | Marvel.com
- Watchmen: Alan Moore,Dave Gibbons: 9780930289232: Amazon.com: Books
- kung fu grippe • "Watchmen" Credit Shot
- kung fu grippe - "Continuity Stickler"
- The Mattress Scam | How to Buy a Mattress
- Cat Power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Podcast Survivor: Back to Work #88 - So Many Reasons To Cry | Radio Survivor
- Falling Down (1993)
- Blue Dog Coalition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Naming convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Icelandic name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Network Naming Schemes
- Studio Neat — Cosmonaut
- The Employee's Guide to Reduction in Force
- Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta  - I'm Not Sick But I'm Not Well! - YouTube
- Deadpool - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- M. Emmet Walsh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - "no movie featuring either Harry Dean Stanton or M. Emmet Walsh in a supporting role can be altogether bad."
- How Lack of Sleep Is Killing You - National - The Atlantic Wire
- You Can't Do Your Job if You Don't Sleep - Tony Schwartz - Harvard Business Review
- Sleep - Radiolab
- Internal Time: The Science of Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired | Brain Pickings
- How Little Sleep Can You Get Away With? - NYTimes.com
- BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep
- Sleep, Sleep, Sleep! How artificial lighting and cortisol impact zzz’s
- New 'Light' On Fascinating Rhythms Of Circadian Clock
- How to Naturally Reset Your Sleep Cycle in One Night | Wise Bread
- The Truth About Sleep & Productivity | Inc.com
- In Which We Sleepwalk At Our Convenience - Home - This Recording
- 'Power naps' may boost right-brain activity - CNN.com
- Rethinking Sleep - NYTimes.com
- NeuroLogica Blog » Sleep and Weight
- Dan’s Plan | Eat Move Sleep Blog | Social jet-lag: The difference between the social clock and the biological clock
- Sales engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
- Heaven and Hell in Jewish Tradition - My Jewish Learning
- Orange & Green | Flickr - Photo Sharing! [Merlin at 190 lbs.]
- Pinboard: bookmarks for merlinmann tagged 'eatsleeplove' [Merlin's eating & sleeping bookmarks]
- Twitter / hotdogsladies: “Oh! Were you noticing my ...
- A Love Supreme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- family circus not me - Google Search
- Walter Hudson (1944–1991) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by Ting.