TOPIC: Recalibrating Expectations
This week, Dan and Merlin talk more about struggling with expectations. Everybody's expectations. Including yours.
Why it's worth recalibrating your own expectations, managing others' expectations, and accepting the impossibility of knowing—let alone meeting—the expectations of the entire world.
Because, that's monkeyballs.
We also learn that Merlin likes his buttons touched very gently.
Links for this episode:
- Language Log » “Factlets”
- Back To Work - Igloo Software
- Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- kung fu grippe - Back to Work: “Like Patty Hearst in a Closet” ...
- Back to Work (b2wshow) on Twitter
- Amazon.com: Apocalypse Now (Apocalypse Now / Apocalypse Now Redux / Hearts of Darkness) (Three-Disc Full Disclosure Edition) [Blu-ray]: Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando, Francis Ford Coppola: Movies & TV
- Amazon.com: Heart of Darkness (Dover Thrift Editions) (9780486264646): Joseph Conrad, Stanley Appelbaum: Books
- [SPONSOR] Igloo Software
- [SPONSOR] MailChimp
- Druthers, CA | You Look Nice Today
- Ep. 34: "A Sh*t Barge Full of Long Pigs" - Roderick on the Line - Merlin Mann
- kung fu grippe - “Now, I have cloud hair.” ASTONISHING X-MEN...
- Sign-up for Back to Work's BULK Bag! Newsletter
- 5ives | Merlin's Lists of Five Things
- 5by5 | Build and Analyze #80: Please, Go to Starbucks
- Chris Elliott as Brando on Letterman - Banana dance - YouTube
- VIDEO: "I swallowed a bug." —Marlon Brando (1976)
- kung fu grippe - In Which Merlin Buys Some Dolls