TOPIC: Agency, Independence, and Outing Your Makebelieve "Partners."
Dan and Merlin return to the topic of agency.
Who's allowed to speak and act on your behalf? And, what happens when you discover people who've unilaterally decided by fiat to speak and act on your behalf?
Well. If your work (and your business) matters to you, you tell them to knock it off.
How to reclaim your own stuff, set your own terms, and fire all the non-silent non-partners of the lucrative Free Compliment Industry.
Links for this episode:
- Workshops | Squarespace Workshops - archive - Beyond the Blog
- Workshops | Squarespace Workshops - archive - Building a Portfolio
- Simplifed Plans and Pricing — The Official Squarespace Blog
- [SPONSOR] Squarespace.com. Use offer code `turnsout` for 10% off.
- [SPONSOR] TextExpander: Mac Typing Shortcut Utility Saves You Time!
- iTextEditors - iPhone and iPad text/code editors and writing tools compared
- "If you think it's fancy to expect permission to sell stupid shit people said, just wait until you start saying stupid shit worth selling."
- 5by5 | Back to Work #12: Chewie's Medal is Not Canonical
- Free as in "Me" | 43 Folders
- Giant Steps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Henry's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Amazon.com: Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit: Kitchen & Dining
- Amazon.com: A Confederacy of Dunces (9780802130204): John Kennedy Toole, Walker Percy: Books
- 5by5 | After Dark #143: After Back to Work #63
- Merlin's Frequently Asked Questions - Merlin Mann