Dan and Merlin consider how to rethink your work as a platform. It's not just a job, or just a career, or (God forbid) just a brand--it's about deciding when you need to take your time and attention pro.
How the stuff you've made and done can be leveraged into the next things you'd like to make and do; how to find the orthogonal angles and unexpected branches; how to learn what you need to learn; and how to take your work so seriously that you'll dare a quick dip in the douche pool.
Links for this episode:
- Why People Remember Negative Events More Than Positive Ones - NYTimes.com
- Twitter / @rands: Reputation is the sum tota ...
- Video for Merlin's "Inbox Zero" talk | 43 Folders
- Damocles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Everyday Use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sorry to Lose You (sorrytoloseyou) on Twitter
- Raynaud's phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- MPU 023: Workflows with Merlin Mann « Mac Power Users
- Simple Comic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- [SPONSOR] Byword • A Simple Text Editor for Mac and iOS
- How Companies Learn Your Secrets - NYTimes.com
- A compelling take on breaking bad habits - FT.com
- 37signals: Web-based collaboration apps for small business
- "If you're proud of your work, don't worry whether everyone loves it…"
- Amazon.com: The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles (9781936891023): Steven Pressfield, Shawn Coyne: Books
- Amazon.com: The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life (9780743235273): Twyla Tharp, Mark Reiter: Books
- kung fu grippe • Donny & Marie - “May Tomorrow Be A Perfect Day” ...
- Kill file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sponsored by Byword, a Simple Text Editor for Mac and iOS