DISCUSSED: Dan is back from reporting on the show floor; recommendations for some Back to Work-adjacent podcast episodes; incidental thoughts and advice on presentations as performance; everybody wants a better email app; and Dan shares his thoughts on The Batman;
- Two Bags of Dongles
- Just a Butt in a Chair
- Dirty Little Secret About Daddy
- A Face in the Brady Bunch Grid
- The Washington Fulfillment Society
- CleanShot X for Mac
- Win Workplace Negotiations - Sessions - MasterClass — And you’ll get plenty of no-pressure practice to help you ace high-pressure situations.
- How to Use Calibrated Questions to Negotiate Strategically - 2022 - MasterClass — Calibrated questions are “how” and “what” questions structured for maximum effect.
- Chris Voss FBI hostage negotiator on being assertive — No matter how conflict-averse you are there are a few key ways you can persuade people to give you what you want—whether you’re arguing at home with your spouse, trying to get a free upgrade at a hotel, or, in Chris’s case, negotiating with terrorists.
- Returning to the Office . . . While Black | The New Yorker Radio Hour | WNYC Studios — The Radio Hour’s KalaLea talks with four Black professionals and compares their experience to that of Robert Churchwell, a Black reporter hired by the Nashville Banner in 1950. Churchwell was excluded from the white newsroom and worked from home for five years.
- Giant Penny | Batman Wiki | Fandom — The Giant Penny is a staple of the batcave which is one of Batman's many trophies. It is a gigantic decorative penny with the head of Abraham Lincoln on it and which weighs 216 lbs. The penny's head-side says, "In God we Trust", "Liberty", and the year 1947
- Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Create Presentations That Inform, Motivate, and Inspire (Bpg-Other): Atkinson, Cliff: 9780735620520: Amazon.com: Books — (this really old edition is IMHO 'the good one'—MDM)
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery (Voices That Matter): 9780135800911: Business Communication Books @ Amazon.com
- Back to Work Episode 38: Sorry. You Can't Have a Candle. — On improving presentation culture. Dan and Merlin talk about bombing the deck, advancing the slides, and striving to improve the self-perpetuating bad culture of presentations.
- Keynote - LockPickingLawyer - YouTube