TOPIC: What to do if you fear a layoff.
Merlin and Dan talk about rumors of layoffs—when the fear gets you, and you start filing in the narrative with a panther, even if you're developing the best-of-breed cereal portal or have been in the newspaper's Accounts Payable department for 20 years.
What do you do at the fork in the road? Do you interview with The Bobs? Do you just grow up and ask what the hell's happening? Do you try to pray away the hurricane?
Or, do you just get tragically okay with being 10 times more terrified for 10 more years?
Yes: there are lessons from The Wire.
Links for this episode:
- Amazon.com: The DV Rebel's Guide: An All-Digital Approach to Making Killer Action Movies on the Cheap (9780321413642): Stu Maschwitz: Books
- Stu Maschwitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Prolost - Blog
- Noble savage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Industry Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Big Lebowski (1998) - IMDb
- 5by5 | 5by5 at the Movies #1: Goodfellas
- Rodgers Forge Snow Journal: Curbside Lawn Chairs and Parking Wars - Towson, MD Patch
- Gorf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ArcadeCab- MAME cabinet plans and related information
- 5by5 | Back to Work #49: The Field of Completion
- 5by5 | Back to Work #1: Alligator in the Bathroom
- cn_image.size.s-guantanamo-bay.jpg (630×427)
- "If anyone wants me, I’ll be in my autographed Batgirl photo with the Big Lebowski reference. "
- Chasing Wildebeests - Scruffy - Scruffy | Thinking
- Office Space (1999) - IMDb
- Amazon.com: Marpac SleepMate 980A Electro-Mechanical Sound Conditioner: Health & Personal Care
- Colors of noise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- X-Men Vol 1 110 - Marvel Comics Database