DISCUSSED: strongly-held podcast preferences; Skype hates you; praise for Rogue Amoeba and Strong Songs; a small B2W milestone passes; Dan likes 1917; what Jack did; praise for Match Game; a couple app and font reccos; tips for tricking out your Logitech mouse; no, seriously, Skype actively hates you; Merlin nabs an excellent new domain name for the program; Merlin continues his deep dive into LaunchBar; and, finally, some thoughts on burritos and tacos.
Links for this episode:
- “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin — Strong Songs — Overcast
- “Tiny Dancer” and “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” by Elton John — Strong Songs — Overcast
- “Satisfied” from Hamilton — Strong Songs — Overcast
- The Talk Show: ‘SPORT MODE’, WITH SPECIAL GUEST MERLIN MANN
Special guest Merlin Mann returns to the show. Topics include the renewal of U.S. law enforcement officials’ disingenuous campaign against iPhone encryption, the Houston Astros cheating scandal, how that cheating scandal relates to the Trump impeachment saga, and Catalyst and the art of Mac software design. But mostly we talk about finding a good pair of slippers.
- JetBrains Mono: A free and open source typeface for developers | JetBrains: Developer Tools for Professionals and Teams
- Introduction | IBM Plex
- GitHub - insidegui/PodcastMenu: Put Overcast on your Mac's menu bar
PodcastMenu is a simple app which puts Overcast on your Mac's menu bar so you can listen to your favorite podcasts while you work.
- Download Logitech Options to Increase Work Productivity
Logitech Options is a powerful and easy-to-use application that enhances your Logitech mice, keyboards, and touchpads. Customize your device with Options and do more than you thought possible.
- Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support
By pressing certain key combinations, you can do things that normally need a mouse, trackpad, or other input device.
- LaunchBar Help
- LaunchBar Help - Instant Send
Instant Send is an extremely efficient way to send files or text selections to LaunchBar, and optionally send them further to other items such as applications, folders, email contacts or search templates.
- LaunchBar Help - Instant Open
Instant Open is a powerful technique to open items via LaunchBar even more quickly. You no longer have to press the Return key - you just hold down the last entered abbreviation character and the selected item opens immediately.
- LaunchBar Help - Modifier Taps
As an alternative to LaunchBar’s Command-Space shortcut it’s also possible to activate LaunchBar by tapping a modifier key.
- 5by5 | Back to Work #1: Alligator in the Bathroom
In the inaugural episode of Back to Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin discuss why they’re doing this show, getting back to work instead of buying berets, the lizard brain, and compare the Shadow of the Mouse to San Francisco, and eventually get to some practical tips for removing friction.
- No man's land - Wikipedia
- Dan's Mouse: Logitech G305
- Amazon.com: Kidrobot Adventure Time The Lich 8-Inch Medium Vinyl Figure: Kidrobot: Toys & Games
- Amazon.com: Zeiss Lens Care Pack - 2 - 8 Ounce Bottles of Lens Cleaner, 2 Microfiber Cleaning Cloths: Health & Personal Care
- Star Wars (radio series) - Wikipedia
An expanded radio dramatization of the original Star Wars trilogy was produced in 1981, 1983, and 1996. The first two radio series, based on Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, were produced and broadcast by National Public Radio (NPR) as part of NPR Playhouse. A dramatization of Return of the Jedi was produced by most of the same team and it was also broadcast on NPR.
- Hit Parade with Chris Molanphy.
What makes a song a smash? Talent? Luck? Timing? All that—and more.
- Song Exploder
- Strong Songs
- The English Beat - Mirror In The Bathroom [Official Music Video] - HQ - YouTube
- English Beat: "Save It For Later" - YouTube
- Merlin Mann | Patreon
The excellent projects to which Merlin gives money.
- Match Game Marathon (Top 25 Best Episodes Of All Time) - YouTube
- MBMBaM - "PLAY with me in the space!" - YouTube
- Back to Work dot Limo
- Guardian Firewall - Guardian Firewall