First and most importantly, Dan is back! Woo!
Second, now, listen: please bear with me, and do not leave. Because, when I say we talked mostly about Disney—and especially Disney properties—it's way more interesting than you'd think. Or, so we hope.
Essentially, Walt Disney World in particular has the control, data, and means to be extremely good at resource management, and that's just fascinating to think about.
There's also some thank-you's, as well as some podcast recommendations, plus a response to a listener's question about choosing to use Apple's native apps.
Links for this episode:
- 5by5 | Back to Work #430: Shiny Red Cleric
Dan's away this week, so Merlin tries going it alone.
- Episode 348: David Epstein — Longform — Overcast
- Layers — Overcast
A Miniature Painting Podcast
- Food Safety Talk 185: Hot Diapers — Food Safety Talk — Overcast
- Remain Seated Please - The Hoot and Chief Story (Epcot Horizons) - YouTube
- Disney's $1 Billion Bet on a Magical Wristband | WIRED
- What is a MagicBand? | Walt Disney World Resort
- Managing Multiple MagicBands | Walt Disney World Resort
- Annual Disney Park Attendance Statistics and Charts | Disney Resources
- Everything We Know About Disney's Star Wars Hotel
- Backup Software for Mac and Windows
- Merlin on the complexity of SF transit options
"Trying to explain anything about transit is insane…"
- Stock keeping unit - Wikipedia
- Just-in-time manufacturing - Wikipedia
Brought to you by:
Squarespace (Start your free trial site today, at Squarespace.com and when you sign up make sure to use the offer code ITSYOURSHOW to get 10% off your first purchase).