A Source of Rice with Velocity
November 1st, 2011
1 hr 20 mins 22 secs
About this Episode
On strength and tolerance.
Dan and Merlin talk about the many facets of strength, including the complexity of knowing what to be strong about, to whom, and when.
It's about way more than nailing the "clean and jerk" or yelling at Sips-His-Coffee-Really-Loud Guy. It's also about accepting all the things they just can't stand about you.
Also covered: the inescapability of Italian disco, maintaining an unassailable lawn, confronting skinny ladies in heels, negotiating D-minus hip-hop, and finding the will to spelunk all the way down the personal productivity stack.
Links for this episode:
- GarageBand for iOS goes universal, adds new features | Macworld
- @hotdogsladies: "Watched a homeless guy throw fried rice at a pigeon for an hour. Would've left sooner but having an audience made them both try WAY harder."
- Ted (ted) on Twitter
- Roderick On The Line - a set on Flickr (Ted's awesome Roderick on the Line art)
- Giorgio Moroder ? Chase (theme from Midnight Express) - YouTube
- Giorgio Moroder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Giorgio Moroder Discography at Discogs
- Clean and jerk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Priapism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Abilify Side Effects | Drugs.com
- Parrhesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Slaughterhouse-Five: "Vy you? Vy anybody?"
- kung fu grippe - Plastic Dim Sum Thingee (from the artist’s...
- [SPONSOR] Squarespace (use coupon code: `soangry`)
- Prolapse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Celebration, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Lil Wayne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Metallica - Fade to Black (1985)
Sponsored by Bare Bones and MailChimp.