This week, your hosts cover some odds and sods, share some recommendations, design some fantasy podcast apps, and introduce an exciting new feature involving the Internet Science Site.
They also respond to a listener's thorny question about dealing with negative chatter in the workplace.
Links for this episode:
- Ungainly X-Mann Meetup #20 — Merlin Mann
MERLIN MANN (Back to Work, Roderick on the Line, Reconcilable Differences, Do By Friday, You Look Nice Today, et al.) invites you to drop by Two Cats Comics on the evening of Thursday, January 18th to hang out, talk about comics, and just say, “Hi.” It's free and it's fun.
- Home - My Pod
Link to your audio and web links and play them through your Amazon Echo.
- Yerkes–Dodson law - Wikipedia
Research has found that different tasks require different levels of arousal for optimal performance. For example, difficult or intellectually demanding tasks may require a lower level of arousal (to facilitate concentration), whereas tasks demanding stamina or persistence may be performed better with higher levels of arousal (to increase motivation).
- Marchetti's constant - Wikipedia
Marchetti's constant is the average time spent by a person for commuting each day, which is approximately one hour.
- Ship of Theseus - Wikipedia
The ship of Theseus, also known as Theseus's paradox, is a thought experiment that raises the question of whether an object that has had all of its components replaced remains fundamentally the same object.
- Bruce Timm - Wikipedia
- Ep. 273: "One Kilometer" - Roderick on the Line - Merlin Mann
The Problem: It was the first thing that John had ever finished.
- Horace Dediu on Twitter: "Studies show that the health benefits of riding without a helmet generally outweigh the safety benefits of riding with a helmet, so if helme… https://t.co/zosIxcuwmN"
- Ditching bike helmets laws better for health
- Exploring an Alternate Universe | Lapham’s Quarterly
- John Waite - Missing You [OFFICIAL HQ VIDEO] - YouTube
- It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) | The Official Bob Dylan Site
- Journey (2012 video game) - Wikipedia
- Amazon.com: Batman: Mad Love and Other Stories (9781401231156): Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Various: Books