How to say "no."
Merlin talks with Dan about saying No to toilet paper diamonds, mints on pillows, and things you don't have the wallet for instead of saying Yes to a crate of bananas you don't have enough information about or giving a qualified Yes to planning Christmas parties you don't have any interest in.
Links for this episode:
- THE SHINING (1979) analysis by Rob Ager
- Amazon.com: Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy (9780385531733): Martin Lindstrom: Books
- 5by5 | Hypercritical #34: Pride in Craftsmanship
- Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- How Whole Foods "Primes" You To Shop | Fast Company