TOPIC: Reframing the conversation with yourself.
This week, Merlin talks about his weird mortgage ads and compliments the literally fancy pants he got from the silver underpants people. Suggestions are offered for running a dehumidifier in a “smart home.”
Dan and Merlin have a lot to say about terlets (hey, it’s been a while).
Merlin shares a service for intelligently correlating personal tracking data, a listener has success with some B2W email advice, and another listener asks for tips on doing better self-talk.
Dan shares his cool new project to build a Hackintosh.
Links for this episode:
Track everything in one place. Understand your life.
- AmazonSmile: 70-Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, White: Home & Kitchen
- Amazon.com: WeMo Insight Switch Smart Plug, Wi-Fi, Energy Monitoring, Works with Amazon Alexa: Cell Phones & Accessories
- Amazon.com: AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor: Home & Kitchen
- Encore: Regina Spektor's New Album Reflects On Darker Side Of Life : NPR
And once she said that, some kind of a weight lifted, and I was thinking, yeah, you know, there is this uncertainty, and I can have anxiety about it. Or I could just try and have a lot of fun and laugh and just enjoy the fact that we're just these silly little people that are a little family now, you know?
- The Rook Audiobook | Daniel O'Malley | Audible.com
- Amazon.com: Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier - Premium Humidifying Unit with Whisper-quiet Operation, Automatic Shut-off, and Night Light Function: Home & Kitchen
- Thundarr the Barbarian TV cartoon intro (1980) - YouTube
- Moves - Activity Diary for iPhone and Android
- Regina Spektor - "Better" [ALTERNATE VERSION] - YouTube
- A Prairie Home Companion for January 6, 2017
- Cognitive behavioral therapy - Wikipedia
- Home | tonymacx86.com
- A fast and open replacement for Windows and macOS ? elementary OS
- Applehead Chihuahua - Google Search
- Regina Spektor: ‘I See My Family … In Everybody’ : NPR — merlinmann on Huffduffer — Overcast