TOPIC: Varieties of pain.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about Dan's progress on building fireside.io and its imminent beta release. Lots of fascinating details on why he's made it and who it might be great for.
Then, there's discussion of the unexpected mental benefits of physical training, and the influence that various sorts of pain (real or imagined) can have on us.
Links for this episode:
- Lying in repose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shop Tommy Bahama | TommyBahama.com
- Fireside - Podcast hosting and analytics by podcasters for podcasters
- War dialing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 5by5 | Back to Work #153: Anxiety's a Goat
- Ninety-ninety rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time."
- Unattended Consequences
- Merlin Mann on Twitter: "If you want to learn what someone fears losing, watch what they photograph."