Large Platinum Spoon
March 8th, 2016
2 hrs 23 mins 57 secs
About this Episode
TOPIC: Staying out of Technology Detention
This week, Dan and Merlin do another giant-size grabbag episode that covers a lot of ground, including:
- movies, kids, and ratings, oh my!
- better text editing on iPad, faster typing on iOS
- complexities of picking the right pairings of Apple devices
- what's up with apps not launching in iOS?
- Hound, and the future of voice-controlled computing
- staying provisionally joyful about the possibilities of new technology
- exploring Merlin's early experience with a Synology NAS
Links for this episode:
- Tablo 2-Tuner Over-The-Air HDTV DVR
- Amazon.com: Synology Disk Station 2-Bay Diskless Network Attached Storage (DS216play): Computers & Accessories
- Kids-In-Mind: Movie ratings & parents' reviews that actually work
- Deadpool  [R] - 8.8.10
- The Big Lebowski  - 5.5.10
- Finding Nemo  [G] - 0.3.0
- The Big Lebowski (1998) - Alternate Versions - IMDb
- Big Lebowski - Edited For TV... Badly - YouTube
- Canvas #5: Typing - Relay FM
This week Fraser and Federico dig into how to be more efficient with typing and text entry on iOS.
- Editorial for iOS
- SoundHound - Hound App
- Amazon.com: Echo Dot
- The Best NAS for Most Home Users | The Wirecutter
- Amazon.com: WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD40EFRX: Computers & Accessories
- Compatibility - Synology - Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Episode 12: Make the Lobster Sit in a Cell and Watch TV — Top Scallops — Overcast
Merlin and Max do terrible impressions of Bane.
- Reviews & Age Ratings - Best Movies, Books, Apps, Games for Kids
Brought to you by:
Igloo (Sign up now and try it for free at IglooSoftware.com/BackToWork).
GoToWebinar (Get started with GoToWebinar today You focus on the content. GoToWebinar handles the rest. Visit the link today to learn more).
Squarespace (Visit Squarespace.com/backtowork and use the code ITSYOURSHOW for a free trial and 10% off).
Wealthfront (Visit wealthfront.com/5by5 to get your first $15,000 managed for free).