TOPIC: Knowing what you'll need to know.
This week, Dan and Merlin answer a listener question about how the "slow your roll" thought technology can apply to learning new skills.
Links for this episode:
- Political Gabfest SF
- Tickets | Slate Magazine's Political Gabfest | City Box Office
- Political Gabfest
- John Dickerson - How to Process a Hotel Room
- John Dickerson, Journalist & Handsomeman | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- Are People Really More Busy? The Rise of Shadow Work | The Art of Manliness
- United States Guide: The American school system, Grades, school hours and terms: Most children start school
Children usually start in kindergarten or grade one at the age of five or six and go up one grade each year until reaching grade 12 at the age of 17. Occasionally a student must repeat a grade because of prolonged absence or low marks, although this is rare. The 12 years following the kindergarten year are usually organised under what is known as the ‘6-3-3 plan’ where grades 1 to 6 are in elementary (primary) school, grades 7 to 9 in junior high or middle school and grades 10 to 12 in a (senior) high school.
- Texas State Highway Loop 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- VIDEO: "Advanced Tricycling" talk by Merlin Mann (2014)
- Magneto - Marvel Comics Database
- The case of the 500-mile email
- Dunning–Kruger effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right: Atul Gawande: 9780312430009: Amazon.com: Books
- A Life-Saving Checklist - The New Yorker
If something so simple can transform intensive care, what else can it do?
- Life hack. Boom. | kung fu grippe
Life hack. Boom.
- Ep. 170: "The Wilder Universe" - Roderick on the Line - Merlin Mann
The Problem: They billed John $300.
- Learning the bash Shell: Unix Shell Programming (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly)): Cameron Newham: 9780596009656: Amazon.com: Books
- 100-year flood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Kobayashi Maru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brought to you by Casper (Visit Casper.com/backtowork and use the code BACKTOWORK to get $50 towards your brand new mattress), Wealthfront (Visit wealthfront.com/5by5 to get your first $15,000 managed for free), lynda (Learn something new today by visiting lynda.com/backtowork to get a free 10 day trial to their 3,000+ courses), and Freshbooks (Visit the link to try FreshBooks free for 30 days and enter 'Back to Work' in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section during signing up).