Merlin and Dan talk about the problem of permanent zeroes, desiring not to desire, why "hypocrisy" is killing you, stepping back on the path without apologizing, Merlin's new tattoo, and—yeah—going a little easier on yourself.
Also, how almost everything is like a glass of water and John Siracusa is literally and uniquely Squidward.
Links for this episode:
- Heraclitus - The Fragments
- Schadenfreude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Wire (TV Series 2002–2008) - IMDb
- Sarlacc - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
- the size of tiny changes in the heart
- [audio] Alan Watts: “Yet, here we are.”…"You are a wave of the stream itself. So, get with it!" - kung fu grippe
- [audio] Introduction to Buddhism by Alan Watts
- The Philosophies of Asia--Alan Watts (Introduction to Buddhism)
- The Sad, Beautiful Fact That We're All Going To Miss Almost Everything : Monkey See : NPR
- Maha-satipatthana Sutta: The Great Frames of Reference
- The Agendas of Mindfulness
- Brahmana Sutta: To Unnabha the Brahman
- Right Now by Thanissaro Bhikkhu | D.I.Y. Dharma
- The 84th Problem
- Mindfulness: The practice of being "here" | 43 Folders
- Lifehacked by Matt Haughey; mindfulness, ho | 43 Folders
- Sometimes There's a Man - mlkshk
- Decision Maker Pro
- Untranslatability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- B2W Squarespace Signup (coupon code: "backtowork6")
- "Adulthood ultimately means becoming a hypocrite on your own terms."
- "People who regard honesty & hypocrisy as incompatible strike me as either dishonest, hypocritical, or both. Is that hypocritical? You bet."
- "David Simon: 'F*ck the Average Reader'" - kung fu grippe
- Wabi-sabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- After Dark #30: After Back To Work 021 - 5by5
- Jan Tschichold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia