TOPIC: Work as Practice
This week Dan and Merlin chew on some of the numerous eternal imponderables of creative work—with a special focus on "work as practice."
Links for this episode:
- Cotton Bureau – #SUPERTRAIN by Roderick on the Line
Pack a small bag with the very first official Roderick on the Line shirt.
- 5by5 | Back to Work #31: You Can Polish AC/DC All Day Long
- 5by5 | Back to Work #205: Obsolete, circa 1993
- 5by5 | After Dark #503: After Back to Work 205
- Ep. 25: "Supertrain" - Roderick on the Line - Merlin Mann
- The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety: Alan W. Watts: 8601300190136: Amazon.com: Books
- Ricky Jay: Deceptive Practice ~ Film Trailer and Synopsis | American Masters | PBS
- Ricky Jay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Audio Dharma - Lovingkindness (Metta)
Metta, or lovingkindness is the heartfelt wish for the well-being of oneself and others. The practice of Metta meditation is the systematic cultivation of our capacity for lovingkindness. Cultivating friendliness and goodwill is an important partner to mindfulness meditation.
- "Ricky Jay and His 52 Assistants" - YouTube
- If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, SAY IT IN ALL CAPS | This American Life
- Flow (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Magic Number | You Look Nice Today
- The Mind - Alan Watts - YouTube
Alan Watts speaks on worrying and compulsive thinking.
Sponsored by FreshBooks (Visit the link and enter 'Back to Work' in the “How did you hear about us?” section for a free 30-day trial) and PDFpen for iPad & iPhone (Visit the link to learn more and start editing your PDFs anywhere you are).