Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin formulate a five-minute warning tactic before discussing the reality of bringing change to your company, some patterns that work for startups, solving the right problem at the right level, why you can’t find the innovation button, and using PathFinder as a Finder replacement.
Links for this episode:
- Video: Interview: Chris Wetherell | The Merlin Show
- Video: Interview: Chris Wetherell, Part 2 | The Merlin Show
- Book: The Pragmatic Programmer by Andy Hunt and David Thomas
- Video: Path Finder video demo on MacBreak | 43 Folders
- Book: Dynamics of Software Development by Jim McCarthy, Denis Gilbert
- Book: Pragmatic Thinking and Learning by Andy Hunt
- Workshop: "Sinking your Sailboats: Managing Innovation by Saying True Things" by Merlin @ Webstock 11
- App Pick: Path Finder 5 by Cocoatech (OS X File Browser/Finder Replacement)
- Skunkworks project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Image: One of Pavlov's dogs.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- MacGuffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Evan Williams | evhead: Ten Rules for Web Startups 
- Cognitive bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Quote: "The awful thing about life is this: Everybody has their reasons" (La règle du jeu, 1939)
- Image: "Leave-A-Sign-About-Dog-Poop Guy"
This episode is sponsored by The Omni Group, makers of fine Mac and iOS apps like OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, and OmniOutliner.