TOPIC: Working alone together.
This week, Dan and Merlin look at the many ways workplaces have changed over the years, and how they can be great or not so great.
Links for this episode:
- Ungainly X-Mann Meetup #6 — Merlin Mann
MERLIN MANN (Back to Work, Roderick on the Line, You Look Nice Today, et al.) invites you to drop by Two Cats Comics on the evening of Thursday, November 13th to hang out, talk about comics, and just say, “Hi.”
- The Talk Show: Ep. XCIX, With Merlin Mann
Very special guest Merlin Mann returns to the show to talk about Comcast customer service, cable-cutting, Marlins Man (no relation) and his showboating-spectator predecessors, and the state of podcasting today. Also: daylight saving time and Roman numerals.
- Wikipedia:Unusual articles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"This page is for Wikipedians to list articles that seem unusual. These articles are valuable contributions to the encyclopedia, but are a bit odd, whimsical, or something you would not expect to find in Encyclopædia Britannica." [via Metafilter]
- Sockarooni Pasta Sauce | Newman's Own
- Amazon.com: Newman's Own All Natural Sockarooni Pasta Sauce: Everything Else
- Bio-Hack: 5 Reasons Why Everyone is Suddenly Putting Butter In Their Coffee | NextShark
- First World War Poems - In Flanders Fields by John McCrae
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
- Sometimes There’s a Man (Part I) MP3 Download ... | kung fu grippe
As heard on Back to Work s01e14, here’s the first part of my rock opera about Dan Benjamin.
- Internet Arcade : Free Software : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
- Dr. Schaffner, Rutgers SEBS: Department of Food Science
- Don Schaffner (@bugcounter) | Twitter
- Food Safety Talk
- Merlin’s Awkward Hair Odyssey - an album on Flickr
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine | Latest Buzz
- Over the Garden Wall (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Over the Garden Wall - Video
- Double Robotics - Telepresence Robot for Telecommuters
- Episode #61 – Surrogates The Flop House
Imagine you were a robot. Now imagine everyone else is a robot. Now imagine Bruce Willis is a robot. Two out of three of those things are pretty hard to imagine, right? Welcome to the world of Surrogates. Meanwhile, Elliott imagines a lost Disney live-action hit, Stuart tells us what his surrogate would look like, and Dan plucks the low-hanging fruit.
- Greg - “Potatoes and Molasses” (Over the Garden... | kung fu grippe
Greg - “Potatoes and Molasses” (Over the Garden Wall)I. LOVE. This. Show.
- Segmented sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep
During this waking period people were quite active. They often got up, went to the toilet or smoked tobacco and some even visited neighbours. Most people stayed in bed, read, wrote and often prayed. Countless prayer manuals from the late 15th Century offered special prayers for the hours in between sleeps.
- Joust (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The 10,000 Hour Rule Is Not Real | Smart News | Smithsonian
The biggest meta-analysis of research to date indicates that practice does not make perfect
Sponsored by Harry's (use the code COMICS at checkout for $5 off your order and change the way you shave forever), Doodle (Start making scheduling an enjoyable experience with Doodle), MailChimp (Send 12,000 emails per month to under 2,000 subscribers, forever), and Backblaze (Visit the link and start backing up your computer with unlimited data for just $5 a month).