I Wish John Siracusa Were Here
September 9th, 2014
1 hr 6 mins 27 secs
About this Episode
TOPIC: Grab bag.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about—what? Well. They talk about privilege, empathy, bikes, bass players, Merlin's new mic, more bathroom signs, and a controversial anecdote about how Apple was maybe kinda not nice to a customer.
Links for this episode:
- What is the blue light from our screens really doing to our eyes? — Tech News and Analysis
“I discovered that using light at night is bad for people’s health and interferes with their sleep. I felt a moral obligation to do something about it, particularly when I learned it’s the blue component in ordinary white light that is suppressing the production of melatonin. And melatonin not only helps you sleep but is a marvelous material that has a very big influence on health in general
- What My Bike Has Taught Me About White Privilege | A Little More Sauce
- blanco on Twitter: "@hotdogsladies Sorry for the delay your Samson Microphone package should be there today. Hope you enjoy it."
- Samson — C01U Pro
- Louis CK - Time Travel is Excluslively a White Privilege - YouTube
- (30) On August 18, 2014 we lost our house and many... - Karen Scholz Leibfred
- Mighty Fine Burgers Fries & Shakes – Austin
- Apple - Support - AppleCare+ - iPhone
- Daring Fireball: Security Trade-Offs
I’ve heard from Genius Bar staffers who eventually left the job because of the stress of dealing with customers suffering data loss.
- Engineers4Engineers 2014 Developer Conference
- Restorative practices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Restorative practices is a social science that integrates developments from a variety of disciplines and fields — including education, psychology, social work, criminology, sociology, organizational development and leadership — in order to build healthy communities, increase social capital, decrease crime and antisocial behavior, repair harm and restore relationships.
- Olestra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the late 1990s, Olestra lost its popularity due to side effects, but products containing the ingredient can still be purchased at grocery stores in some countries.
- The Flop House
- Letter of recommendation — Hair-Breened Ideas
Sponsored by Squarespace (use code ITSYOURSHOW for a free trial and 10% off) and Harry's (Get a better more affordable shave by using the code COMICS at checkout and you'll get $5 off your first purchase).