TOPIC: Standing up to Attention Bullies.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about the world's impossible expectations regarding each of our own time, attention, and access.
What happens when we tacitly allow the universe to ask us anything any time for any reason? How do we develop the sympathy to understand how vastly our schedules and priorities differ at a given moment?
Well. One possible solution is to learn to find the courage to not be terminally ""busy"" all the time. That's all on us.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Harry's - Quality Men’s Shaving Products. Fair Prices. Simple.
- Warren Ellis » How To See The Future
But I’ll suggest to you something. The theories of atemporality and manufactured normalcy and zero history can be short-circuited by just one thing.Looking around.
- Morgan Stanley's Parker On Email Access - Business Insider
In a new note to clients, Parker writes that he got an email from someone saying they had "limited access" to their email. He proceeds to explain how that's a lame excuse in this day and age.
- 30 Pilots And Flight Attendants Confess Their Best Kept Secrets | Viral Quake
These questions were asked on Reddit, and the answers are insane. Are these true??? My mind has officially been blown. I travel a lot, so some of this is pretty scary if you ask me. Here is the text leaked from Reddit:
- Cyrano de Bergerac (1950) - "Nose Speech" & "Fencing Ballade" - YouTube
- 5by5 | Back to Work #153: Anxiety's a Goat
TOPIC: The thoughts we think. And think. And think.This week, Dan and Merlin talk about anxiety, compulsive thoughts, and how to at least crack an air hole in a big problem.
Live, listener-submitted title suggestions for this week's episode.
- Roderick on the Line, Ep. 34: "A Shit Barge Full of Long Pigs"
- That Mitchell and Webb Look - Send us your reckons - YouTube
- Wonder Woman (2009) (V)
A modern man's trespass of the island of the Amazons enables an imprisoned war god to escape and Princess Diana wins the responsibility to recapture him.
- Getting Things Done®, GTD® and David Allen & CO | Home