TOPIC: Going Mobile-er.
This week, Dan and Merlin are very sick, so they talk about being sick. Then, they talk about what it would take to move to using just an iPad Air on the road.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Build a Website — Squarespace
- [SPONSOR] OmniFocus - The Omni Group
OmniFocus is designed to quickly capture your thoughts and ideas to store, manage, and help you process them into actionable to-do items. Perfect for many different systems, OmniFocus helps you work smarter by giving you powerful tools to stay on top of all the things you need to do. From ‘Call mom’ to ‘Submit Annual Report to Investors’.
- [SPONSOR] BusyCal
BusyCal is an alternative to the built-in Calendar app on OS X that provides powerful time-saving features in a friendly, easy-to-use package.
- My_Feedback.ppt - The Talk Show - Mule Radio Syndicate
Very special guest Merlin Mann joins John Gruber for an as-usual rambling discussion about presentation slides, the new iPads, the Major League Baseball schedule, and Malcolm Gladwell.
- iTunes - Movies - The World's End
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost reteam with director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) in this wildly entertaining thrill ride that critics call “funny as hell” (Richard Roeper, WLS-AM Chicago) and “sheer comic perfection” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone).
- The Three Flavours Cornetto® Trilogy - Download The Three Flavours Cornetto® Trilogy on iTunes
- Film Crit Hulk Smash: ALCOHOL, WITHNAIL AND GARY KING [Lower Caps Bruce Banner Edition] : Edgar Wright Here
The following essay by Film Critic Hulk is kindly re-blogged from: BadAssDigestThanks also go to Hulk for allowing me to publish this as a special lower case ‘Bruce Banner’ version. If you enjoy the article be sure to read the expansive and emotional comments on the original page.
- 5by5 | The Incomparable #164: Put In the Zom and Out Comes Com
Grab a pint and marinate your brain as we discuss the "Cornetto Trilogy," three films by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright that are linked in theme if not in characters: "Shaun of the Dead," "Hot Fuzz," and recent release "The World's End." Why aren't there more smart genre comedies? How do Pegg and Wright so deftly handle different genres? How are these movies like the Commedia dell'arte? Why do Jason and Jeff want to punch Nick Frost, then hug him? Plus, we give even more Incomparable love to "Spaced."
- The Seven Things You're Not Supposed to Talk About | This American Life
Producer Sarah Koenig's mother lives by a set of rules about conversation. She has an actual list of off-limits topics, including how you slept, your period, your health, your diet and more. You don't talk about these things, she says, because nobody cares. This week we try to find stories on these exact topics that will prove her wrong.
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s ‘Star Wars’ | kung fu grippe
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s ‘Star Wars’
- Email Field Guide — MacSparky
This book tackles your over-stuffed inbox. The Email Field Guide covers both why email has become such a problem for everyone and how to manage it more effectively.
- Bookshelves (October, 2004)
Time flies when you’re having…wait, now…what is it I do again?
- A Complete iOS App Overhaul — The Official Squarespace Blog
As Squarespace's functionality continues to expand, we’ve focused on creating an entire suite of applications around Squarespace’s core product. This lets us focus each app on specific functionality, providing a clear, targeted interface that helps you accomplish exactly what you need to do on the go.
- Panic - Prompt, nice SSH for iOS - Support
- ps (Unix) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Textastic - Text, Code, and Markup Editor with Syntax Highlighting - FTP, SFTP, Dropbox - for iPad
- Rogue Amoeba | Nicecast: Broadcast Any Audio To The Internet, Right From Mac OS X
- Amazon.com: Griffin Technology iMic USB Audio Device: Computers & Accessories
- Bacon Method - The Perfect Bacon Cooking Method
- Taxi Driver (1976)
- FILM CRIT HULK! HULK BLOG! | HULK HAVE DEEP AND ABIDING LOVE OF CINEMA. HULK RECOGNIZE INHERENT VALUES OF POPULAR, NARRATIVE, AND EXPERIMENTAL STYLES. WWW.TWITTER.COM/FILMCRITHULK
HULK HAVE DEEP AND ABIDING LOVE OF CINEMA. HULK RECOGNIZE INHERENT VALUES OF POPULAR, NARRATIVE, AND EXPERIMENTAL STYLES.
- ? Bananarama - Cruel Summer (HD) - YouTube
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by: