Merlin has a whole new setup, and Dan has a whole new TV.
Links for this episode:
- My Secret Sauce of Blogging
This is where I give away all of my blogging secrets. I’ve decided to divest myself of any advantages Macdrifter has built over the past 12 years.
- The Technium: 99 Additional Bits of Unsolicited Advice
I have another birthday, and another bunch of unsolicited advice.
- How to overcome impostor syndrome.
I’m Great at My Job. So Why Do I Feel Like a Fraud?
How to overcome impostor syndrome.
- Why You Should Talk to Yourself in the Third Person
- Does Distanced Self-Talk Facilitate Emotion Regulation Across a Range of Emotionally Intense Experiences? - Ariana Orvell, Brian D. Vickers, Brittany Drake, Philippe Verduyn, Ozlem Ayduk, Jason Moser, John Jonides, Ethan Kross, 2021
Research indicates that a subtle shift in language—silently referring to oneself using one’s own name and non–first-person-singular pronouns (i.e., distanced self-talk)—promotes emotion regulation.
- The Bureau (TV series) - Wikipedia
- Amazon.com: SAMSUNG 55-inch Class Q80A Series – QLED 4K UHD Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (QN55Q80AAFXZA, 2021 Model): Electronics
- Amazon.com: Jay Strongwater Kong Pave Gorilla Figurine: Home & Kitchen
- Easy macOS Loads By Way of Homebrew Bundle — Liss is More
- Amazon.com: RECUR Large Albino Gorilla Toys King Kong White Realistic Hand Painted Walking Gorilla Ape Wild Animal Figurine Model – Replica Gorilla Godzilla vs Kong 2021 Figure Gift for Collectors Boys Kids 3+: Toys & Games
- Reconcilable Differences #147: Pan-Pan! - Relay FM
As something like a main topic, Merlin offers a sheepish series of recent anecdotes regarding technology and hasty decision-making. He seems not to remember this being his idea (he did that), which he is surprisingly not all that sheepish about. But, let's be honest. Technology can be terrible and very confusing.