DISCUSSED: Dan has updates on Texas's recent weather events and the unanticipated cascading effects on complex and interconnected infrastructures; then, for dessert, your hosts explore the delights and insights of the "isolated tracks" rabbit hole.
Links for this episode:
- Van Halen - Dance The Night Away - Guitar Track - YouTube
- The Who- Won't Get Fooled Again - John Entwistle's isolated bass (live) HQ SOUND - YouTube
- The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Isolated Bass) (Surround Sound) - YouTube
- Deconstructing And Your Bird Can Sing (Isolated Tracks) - YouTube
- Eddie Van Halen - Unchained - Isolated Guitar Track INCREDIBLE - YouTube
- Eddie Van Halen Talks Revolutionary Gear Mods and the Death of Rock in his First-Ever Interview from 1978 | GuitarPlayer
- Jas Obrecht – “Eddie Van Halen: The David Lee Roth Years” (2010) | The Beat Patrol
“Pat Travers blew you off? I can’t fucking believe that! Why don’t you interview me? Nobody has ever wanted to interview me.”
—Eddie Van Halen (1978)
- Texas energy supplier under fire for five out-of-state board members
Texas controls its own electrical grid, but at least five of the fifteen people serving on the operator’s board of directors do not appear to live in the state, a fact that has angered some state officials as Texas navigates widespread blackouts that have left millions without power.
- Austin Today - YouTube
- Dan Benjamin is creating Videos | Patreon
- Charles looks forward to 2066
"Just set a 2/23/2066 reminder for myself to nag our now-12-year-old that when I was HIS age (57), I was running playing soccer w/ him most days like a much younger rhino. So maybe get up out of that zero-g La-Z-Boy holo-chair orbiting Io & get your 102-year-old dad a space beer."
- Van Halen - Unchained - 6/12/1981 - Oakland Coliseum Stadium (Official) - YouTube
- Backfire effect - RationalWiki
The effect is claimed to be that when, in the face of contradictory evidence, established beliefs do not change but actually get stronger.
- Ryan Deiss on Twitter: "@danbenjamin @maddow Here’s a redneck clip that will probably get me trouble with NBC. :) https://t.co/dHWxdK8YBE" / Twitter