DISCUSSED: Doing pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good; Dan discovers a shark is menacingly circling one of his product names; there's a reason Merlin is not in the corner office; your hosts fondly recall the Avon products of their youth; Dan shares a terrific anecdote about George Harrison and Phil Collins; please don't use my things for things those things aren't things to be used for; Mission: Impossible movies are very good; if you want to really appreciate something, it helps to make yourself be an amateur again; a recommendation for a very smart Mac location managing app; Merlin presents a lengthy and disordered jeremiad on HomeKit, HomeKit apps, and the new iOS playground; which is mostly all just to say: why are email apps still so terrible?
Links for this episode:
- Phil Collins recalls the time George Harrison played the biggest prank on him - Smooth
Despite two hours of Collins' enthusiastic conga contributions, it was all seemingly a wasted effort when Phil Spector asked the congas to be played – and everyone realised Collins' microphone had been turned off for the entire two hours he'd just been playing.
- Phil Collins Was An Extra In The Beatles “A Hard Day’s Night” Movie | FeelNumb.com
The “fans” that were there that night were each paid a standard union fee for their appearance and among them was Phil Collins, then a 13-year-old child actor who years later found fame with the band Genesis and as a solo artist.
- dustinrue/ControlPlane: ControlPlane - context-sensitive computing for OS X
ontrolPlane - context-sensitive computing for OS X
Bringing HomeKit support where there is none
- HomeDash | The Ultimate HomeKit App
The HomeKit App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
With Home you can control more than just your HomeKit accessories.
- Mark Cuban is co-founding a podcast app where hosts can talk to fans live and monetize their conversations - The Verge
- Burj Khalifa | Mission Impossible | Fandom
- Bare Bones Software | Super Get Info Support Home
- Fincher and VFX - YouTube
Merlin curates a short list of videos highlighting David Fincher's subtle but powerful use of VFX for ordinary-looking (or even invisible) effects in his films.
- ArtStation - Ted Lasso Stadium, Barnstorm VFX
- "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Porno Gil (TV Episode 2000) - Reference View - IMDb
A bizarre chain of events starts with Larry accidentally being invited to have dinner with a former porno star, Gil, (Bob Odenkirk).
- Simplify Gmail v2: The inbox and keyboard shortcuts - On Simplify
"3. Rewarding you for reaching inbox zero"
- Ding Dong Avon Calling - YouTube