DISCUSSED: Skype struggles; nobody likes parsnips; Dan remotely teaches Merlin to cut his own hair; Dan introduces a new game show, and Merlin is dealing with poop; life is not currently optimized for multiple-event days; Merlin challenges you to remember when exactly eight minutes has gone by; why we'll eventually each discover what the hell happened on our personal Galápagos; the exhaustion of Zoom calls; an omnibus recommendation related to movies; finally, Dan Columbos Merlin with a question about napping, which leads to some surprising insights on our feelings about success and failure.
Links for this episode:
- 30 Singular Films to Watch in Quarantine - The Atlantic
These films, each unforgettable in its own way, are essential viewing.
- Mad Max: Fury Road with Emily Yoshida — Blank Check with Griffin & David — Overcast
- RoboCop — Blank Check with Griffin & David — Overcast
- The Book of Henry — Blank Check with Griffin & David — Overcast
- Blank Check with Griffin & David is creating Podcasts | Patreon
- Merlin Mann on Twitter: "Are you a weirdo? Do you enjoy movies? Cool. I got the hook-up. https://t.co/UVog1T7Ide" / Twitter
- Uncut Gems on Netflix: What’s the True Story Behind Howard Ratner’s Bet?
- Why people believe they can’t draw - and how to prove they can | Graham Shaw | TEDxHull - YouTube
- David Sims: 30 Movies That Are Unlike Anything You’ve Seen Before - YouTube
- Merlin Mann on Twitter: "Power is the ability to make strangers live your "normal."" / Twitter
- The reason Zoom calls drain your energy - BBC Worklife
- 5 reasons why Zoom meetings are so exhausting
-  The Housemartins • Happy Hour - YouTube
- Amazon.com : Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Cutting Kit, #79300-400T : Hair Clipper Kits And Sets