DISCUSSED: Here we are in Spain; a lot went on behind the scenes of The Wizard of Oz; also Modern Problems existed; further discussion of 80s movies; they used to make more movies; B-MO gets a show?; secrets of the child whisper network; Saturday morning memories; C19 is making a lot of holes and gaps in kids' lives; what even is the deal with colleges?; wisdom from the great Kevin Kelly; it's one thing to know something, but it's another thing to know something; and, finally, beginning to explore how best to level resources and expectations as many of us work from home.
Links for this episode:
- Merlin's Twitter poll from Monday
"Poll: as your company prepped for people to WfH, how much interaction did you have to address your specific challenges, get extra resources, and set individual expectations?"
- National Remote Work Survey
- The Technium: 68 Bits of Unsolicited Advice
It’s my birthday. I’m 68. I feel like pulling up a rocking chair and dispensing advice to the young ‘uns. Here are 68 pithy bits of unsolicited advice which I offer as my birthday present to all of you.
- New Beginnings
After he goes to Jerusalem and sleeps on what is supposedly the very spot where Jesus was crucified, Kevin Kelly has a revelation: that he should live the next six months as if he would die at the end of them.
- Modern Problems - Wikipedia
- ADVENTURE TIME: DISTANT LANDS Official Teaser Trailer (HD) HBO MAX Series - YouTube
- Suspend SAT for UC admissions, Janet Napolitano says - Los Angeles Times
- Valley Girl (1983) - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube
- Spotify – Valley Girl SOUNDTRACK
- Slim Whitman Commercial 1980 - YouTube
- Slim Whitman All MY Best 1979 Record Commercial - YouTube
- The Best Of Red Sovine TV Commercial - YouTube
- Zamfir Master of the Pan Flute Commercial - YouTube
- Classic Freedom Rock Commercial 1988 Best Quality on You-Tube!!! - YouTube
- I Hanker for a Hunka Cheese - YouTube
- Wonderama with Bob McAllister - YouTube
- Eight Men Out (1988) - Reference View - IMDb
A dramatization of the Black Sox scandal when the underpaid Chicago White Sox accepted bribes to deliberately lose the 1919 World Series.
- Coronavirus: CSU to have mainly online classes in fall 2020 - Los Angeles Times
Brought to you by:
- Squarespace (Start your free trial site today, at Squarespace.com and when you sign up make sure to use the offer code ITSYOURSHOW to get 10% off your first purchase).