DISCUSSED: Dan loves it when things just work and so does Merlin; Dan is composting, and Merlin is down to clown; ¡repita después de mi!; massive real-time follow-up; playing with iBeacons; excellent follow-up and notes from listeners; many reccomendations; memories of Grad Night; this is a very silly one.
Links for this episode:
- The Weirdly Enduring Appeal of Weird Al Yankovic - The New York Times
- Estimote – experts in location and proximity solutions
We are experts in location and proximity solutions
- folivora.ai - Great Tools for your Mac!
BetterTouchTool is a great, feature packed app that allows you to customize various input devices on your Mac.
- Netflix - "Unorthodox"
- PicPedant (@PicPedant) / Twitter
- Celery Man - YouTube
- Amazon.com: Celery Man: Alexa Skills
- Bar None // ShaunInman.com
- Mac Power Users #528: The Merlin Awakens - Relay FM
MPU Hall of Famer Merlin Mann returns to discuss using plain text, home automation, the Apple TV and more.
- Automators #39: Automating iBeacons - Relay FM
In this episode, David and Rosemary try all sorts of iBeacons and look at why, where, when, and how you use these little devices.
- Releases · JetBrains/JetBrainsMono
- Rasmus Andersson on Twitter: "Inter is now available from @googlefonts! https://t.co/IoTMQDefNN Congrats to @ThunderNixon who worked tirelessly on getting Inter on-boarded to Google Fonts. https://t.co/tSVb9nLM2c" / Twitter
- How I got to 200 productive hours a month
- Bookshop: Buy books online. Support local bookstores.
- Botany books!
- Paul Bruno on Spotify
- Feed the Animals by Girl Talk on Spotify
- Dazz Band – Let It Whip Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
- DisneyWorld Grad Night Bands 1972-2008 - The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World
- The Elements of Typographic Style: Bringhurst, Robert: 9780881791327: Amazon.com: Books
- The Elements of Typographic Style: Version 4.0 (-20th Anniversary)
Renowned typographer and poet Robert Bringhurst brings clarity to the art of typography with this masterful style guide. Combining the practical, theoretical, and historical, this edition is completely updated, with a thorough revision and updating of the longest chapter, -Prowling the Specimen Books, - and many other small but important updates based on things that are continually changing in the field.
- The New Typography
Since its initial publication in Berlin in 1928, Jan Tschichold's The New Typography has been recognized as the definitive treatise on book and graphic design in the machine age. First published in English in 1995, with an excellent introduction by Robin Kinross, this new edition includes a foreword by Rich Hendel, who considers current thinking about Tschichold's life and work.
- Down to Clown (Harris Wittels Tribute) - Chris LaCroix - YouTube
- "Feed me," you said, and I was feeding you, Jack.
- Felt letterboard trend history: how the vintage product became inescapable.
- Merlin Mann on Twitter: "I really like Rachel Maddow, but when she gets particularly worked up, it kinda feels like she's explaining something to her cats." / Twitter
- Difference Between Rotate & Revolve
Rotation and revolution are terms that describe the angular motion of objects, that is, motion about a real or imaginary axis. They are often confused not only for this reason, but also because they often apply in different ways to the same object at the same time (especially in astronomy) and to some extent because the words look somewhat alike in English.
- High School Seniors: What is a Grad Night?
- Exile - kiss you all over - YouTube
- Pushcut - Triggers & notifications that kick off your automation
- Amazon.com: Exercise? I Thought You Said Extra Fries! Graphic T-Shirt: Clothing
- The Meadowlands by The Wrens on Spotify
- Rogue Amoeba | SoundSource: A Superior Sound Control
Get truly powerful control over all the audio on your Mac!
- Parks and Recreation - flintstones work whistle - YouTube
- insidegui/PodcastMenu: Put Overcast on your Mac's menu bar