Bula vinaka, bee tee dubs nation! This is an epic odds and sods episode, replete with TV follow-up, font follow-up, and Wild, Wild Country follow-up, along with book recommendations, happy Splatoon 2 talk, and a pretty terrible 70s board game. Also, ubi sunt retail amirite?
Also, your hosts finally (finally!) address a listener's excellent and very difficult question about her millennial employee's use of social media. Lot of levels!
Links for this episode:
- Rules of Thumb: A Life Manual: Tom Parker: 9780761150732: Amazon.com: Books
- The Order of Things: Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders: Barbara Ann Kipfer: 9780761150442: Amazon.com: Books
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The Definitive, 4th Edition: Betty Edwards: 9781585429202: Amazon.com: Books
- Toys R Us blames Amazon, Target, Walmart for dealing death blow over holidays
- Kid80s.com: M&M's "Thanks, Easter Bunny" Commercial from the 80s - YouTube
- Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details
- Splatoon 2 - Turf War Gameplay - YouTube
- Splatoon 2 Review - YouTube
- Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch – Official Site
- tonsky/FiraCode: Monospaced font with programming ligatures
- The Times Issues Social Media Guidelines for the Newsroom - The New York Times
The new guidelines underscore our newsroom’s appreciation for the important role social media now plays in our journalism, but also call for our journalists to take extra care to avoid expressing partisan opinions or editorializing on issues that The Times is covering.
- [PDF] Starbucks Dress Code
- BBQ and Foot Massage