This week, Dan and Merlin talk about (partial) resolution to Dan's Apple TV bug, some venting about delivery problems, general complaining about customer service, a good TV podcast episode, a very good Buddhism podcast episode, some excellent Buddhism talk, listener follow-up on Dan's strange video mail package, shakeups and wild innovation in the TV bidness, that creepy/mean Netflix tweet, and a listener's question about whether the tech requirements at a promising new job should be a deal-breaker.
Links for this episode:
- Chapo Trap House | Free Listening on SoundCloud
- What Buddhism got right about the human brain — The Ezra Klein Show — Overcast
- Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment: Robert Wright: 9781439195451: Amazon.com: Books
- The Best TV of 2017 With Sam Esmail (Ep. 210) — The Watch — Overcast
The Ringer’s Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald are joined for their annual best TV of 2017 discussion with ‘Mr. Robot’ creator Sam Esmail. They cover what they are looking from their own television experience, this year in television (2:00), and their top-10 favorite shows of the year, including ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Mindhunter,’ ‘Handmaid’s Tale,’ and more (14:00).save in overcast
- Verizon, NFL agree to new 5-year deal worth nearly $2.5 billion
- Comcast continues to inject its own code into websites you visit
- You Are Two - YouTube
- Netflix US on Twitter: "To the 53 people who've watched A Christmas Prince every day for the past 18 days: Who hurt you?"
Brought to you by:
Squarespace (Start your free trial site today, at Squarespace.com and when you sign up make sure to use the offer code ITSYOURSHOW to get 10% off your first purchase).