TOPIC: Time Tetris in Difficult Mode
This week, Dan and Merlin do a VERY deep dive on one listener's question about life with an excruciating shared Google Calendar. Merlin, unsurprisingly, has a lot to say about this. No. Like, really. A lot a lot.
Other topics include Food Lion bleach meat, God's only sandwich, Adventure Time Mashup Pack (Finally!), Agape love, and, importantly, "What’s Happening To Sleep Train?"
Links for this episode:
- Fits + Starts: 18: Eventually it sucks less (with Merlin Mann)
Merlin stops by to talk about finding a job that fits you, prototyping your future, and manufacturing care. Then we have a lot of rapid fire questions for him.
- Adventure Time comes to Minecraft! | Minecraft
[Update: Thanks to the mystery of time, "Soon" has tranformed into "Now"! It's out today - July 6th - on Pocket and Windows 10! Totally orthogonal!]
- SoundCloud » A note from Alex Ljung
With more focus and a need to think about the long term, comes tough decisions. Today, after careful and painful consideration, we took the difficult step to let go of 173 SoundCloud staffers and consolidated the team into two offices: Berlin and New York. We are extremely grateful for the contributions of each and every staff member who will be leaving SoundCloud, and we wish all of them the best. Without them, we would not be where we are today.
- Analyst: Food Lion never recovered from food-bleaching investigation - Jacksonville Business Journal
- Welcome to Publix | Publix Super Markets
- Publix Thanksgiving "Salt and Pepper" Commercial - YouTube
- The landmark Food Lion case | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- The Seventh Sign - Wikipedia
- FAQ - Sleep Train is Now Mattress Firm
Starting in February, Sleep Train stores are being re-named to Mattress Firm. Customers will see store signs change from Sleep Train to Mattress Firm through March. You’ll continue to experience the same great people, service and guarantees — just under a new name. Sleep Train and Mattress Firm merged in 2014 and have been working in collaboration for the past two years. They will now share the same brand name.
- Agape - Wikipedia
Agape is a Greco-Christian term referring to "love; the highest form of love, charity", and "the love of God for man and of man for God".
- Joan Lee Dead: Wife of Marvel Comics Legend Stan Lee Was 95 | Hollywood Reporter
The pair, who met when the Marvel boss was supposed to take her friend on a date, were married for 69 years.
- Henry V (Modern, Folio) :: Internet Shakespeare Editions
be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition.
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train - YouTube
- Amazon Dash Wand With Alexa: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
Brought to you by:
- Casper (Visit Casper.com/itsyourshow and use the code ITSYOURSHOW for $50 towards your new mattress).
* Squarespace (Start your free trial site today, at Squarespace.com and when you sign up make sure to use the offer code ITSYOURSHOW to get 10% off your first purchase).