The Frame for Our Relationship
October 11th, 2016
1 hr 49 mins 15 secs
About this Episode
TOPIC: The Minimum Viable Waste of Time.
Some awesome odds and sods, a great new Markdown editor for OS X, and a main topic on dealing with those aggressive email follow-up people.
- Dan's Concern™ regarding his annoying smoke detectors
- Why things seem to get worse and more diverse
- Evaluate the credulity of Amazon reviews with Fakespot
- Scary edge cases for Samsung Note fires
- Cary's great DNS switching trick
- Merlin is loving Typora, a clever and powerful new desktop Markdown editor
- Pandoc does many file conversion things
- Homebrew makes Mac package management a doddle
- Brett Terpstra's Markdown Service Tools are essential
- TableFlip is a cool app for making and editing Markdown tables
- Fountain and Slugline are awesome for Markdown-like screenplay writing
- Also, hey. Editorial for iOS can totally handle Fountain files. Turns out!
- Merlin and Dan are still really liking iOS 10
- It's definitely worth the time to prune your iOS notifications
- Main Topic: How should we deal with all those "just circling back" people?
- iPhone spam call blocker Hiya seems to be working now
Links for this episode:
- Typora — a minimal markdown reading & writing app
Typora will give you a seamless experience as both a reader and a writer. It removes the preview window, mode switcher, syntax symbols of markdown source code, and all other unnecessary distractions. Replace them with a real live preview feature to help you concentrate the content itself.
- Typora Support - Typora Support
- Release pandoc 1.17.2 · jgm/pandoc · GitHub
- Scary Cary???? on Twitter: "#HotTip: Add different Locations for different DNS records in macOS: cc: @hotdogsladies #BackToWork https://t.co/VSyPgiLz8b"
- TableFlip - Simple Table Editor for Mac
The Markdowntable editor.
- Infomercials fanvid - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want - YouTube
- Jon Plummer on Twitter: "@hotdogsladies Do you have a smoove way to reply to the inveterate email follower-uppers? I lightly blew up at one today and I'm not proud."
- Editorial for iOS
- Fountain | A markup language for screenwriting.
- Slugline. Simply Screenwriting.
- Paul Williams Still Alive (2011) - IMDb
- Termite.com <> WESTERN SUBTERRANEAN TERMITES
- Smoke detector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Paul Williams (songwriter) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 5by5 | Hypercritical #18: Worse and More Diverse
- Fakespot | Analyze and identify fake reviews
- Homebrew — The missing package manager for macOS
- Markdown Service Tools - BrettTerpstra.com
- Hiya: Caller ID, Call Blocker & Protection for a Better Phone Experience
- The Rambling Taoists: Real Life Tao - No Fight, No Blame
- Screenplay Markdown — Prolost
- Sherman's March (1986 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Beatles – I Am The Walrus Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
Brought to you by:
Casper (Visit Casper.com/itsyourshow and use the code ITSYOURSHOW for $50 towards your new mattress).
Away (For $20 off your order, visit awaytravel.com/backtowork and use promo code BACKTOWORK during checkout. Travel smarter with the suitcase that charges your phone).