TOPIC: Compensatory muscles
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about how much emotions can become like physical injuries—and what happens when we try to overcompensate for either.
Links for this episode:
- 5by5 | The Ihnatko Almanac #152: Project Runway
Andy is joined by Merlin Mann to discuss Project Runway.
- nevver: Peanuts | kung fu grippe
- adam baldwin - Google Search
- vincent d'onofrio - Google Search
- wilford brimley age in 1984 - Wolfram|Alpha
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy: David D. Burns: 0071001008999: Amazon.com: Books
- Feeling Good | The website of David D. Burns, MD
- It follows from this model that all emotional... | kung fu grippe
It follows from this model that all emotional change is ultimately brought about by cognitions
- Reconcilable Differences #7: 50 Shades of John - Relay FM
This week, John and Merlin do some follow-up on John's picky eating and his family's failures at meal planning. Both men cop to loving soup. Also some updates on Destiny.Then on to the big topic: how does John's mind work, and how did he get that way?
- 5by5 | Back to Work #3: The Second Arrow
Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin discuss ADD, Buddhism, mindfulness, concentration, and insight.
- Faraday cage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Thieves using a $17 device to break into cars with keyless systems
- Car Thieves Hack Remote Keyless Entry Systems with $17 Device - Techlicious
- High-tech car thieves may be breaking in by amplifying key fob signal - CBS News
- Choosing the Best TV Antenna for San Francisco, California
- HDTV Antenna Selection Guide, Reviews and Information
- Amazon.com: Mohu Leaf 50 Indoor HDTV Antenna (formerly Leaf Ultimate): Electronics
- 5by5 | Road Work
- Amazon.com: The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety (8601300190136): Alan W. Watts: Books
- David Foster Wallace: The 'Fresh Air' Interview : NPR
- Card Wars - The Adventure Time Wiki. Mathematical!
- Unjustly Maligned | "Monopoly" with Cory Casoni (Episode 24)
Brought to you by Wealthfront (Visit wealthfront.com/5by5 to get your first $15,000 managed for free), lynda (Learn something new today by visiting lynda.com/backtowork to get a free 10 day trial to their 3,000+ courses), and Squarespace (Use the code ITSYOURSHOW for a free trial and 10% off of your first purchase).