This week, Dan and Merlin talk about preparation.
Links for this episode:
- [SPONSOR] Stock Photos, Royalty-Free Images and Vectors - Shutterstock
Over 30 million stock photos, illustrations, vectors, and videos
- [SPONSOR] PDFpen Scan+: Scanning and OCR for iPad and iPhone
PDFpen Scan enables you to scan multi-page documents, articles, receipts, and more, using the iPhone or iPad camera. Scans are cropped, sized to standard paper sizes, and visually enhanced for legibility. PDFpen Scan includes OCR (optical character recognition), making it possible to copy the text in a scanned document for use in another document or email message, or to export a PDF containing searchable text to a variety of popular cloud services.
- Twitter / gruber: This CableCARD stuff is just ...
This CableCARD stuff is just weird. Two hours after Comcast tech left, second card started working. Still no HBO (
- 6 places germs breed in a plane - CNN.com
A random sampling of 327 unnamed domestic and international aircraft caused a stir in 2004 when some water samples tested positive for E. coli, one strain of which is the leading cause of food poisoning in the U.S. Coffee and tea are brewed on board with such water and don't typically reach hot enough temperatures to kill E. coli. When bottled water runs out, some planes have been known to fill fliers' glasses from the tank.
- "Checkpoint Friendly" Laptop Bags | Transportation Security Administration
To help streamline the security process and better protect laptops, TSA recently encouraged manufacturers to design bags that will produce a clear and unobstructed image of the laptop when undergoing X-ray screening. A design that meets this objective will enable TSA to allow laptops to remain in bags for screening.
- Incase 13" City Collection Briefcase for MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
- Steam Room Disadvantages | LIVESTRONG.COM
The hot, humid environment of the steam room is an ideal environment for many germs and fungi. Highly trafficked or poorly cleaned steam rooms are particularly likely to be unsafe. If you do choose to use the steam room, make sure it has been recently cleaned. Follow the advice given by "Newsweek," and never enter a sauna with bare feet. Wear rubber shower shoes, or flip flops, to prevent athlete's foot.
- Steam Room Disadvantages | Healthy Living - azcentral.com
A warm and wet environment is a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. A steam room acts as an expectorant and may cause your nose to run. If a previous user had a cold or cough, his germs may be growing in the steam room. According to Mayo Clinic.com, life-threating infections like MRSA can thrive in these environments. Protect yourself by washing hands and feet upon entering and leaving. In addition, use a towel or other protective barrier between your skin and the seats inside.
- Steam room vs. sauna | Go Ask Alice!
Also, beware that steam rooms provide ideal breeding conditions for various infection-producing microbes. For example, athletes' foot or other fungal infections can be better avoided if you wear a towel and shower shoes or flip flops in the steam room (and in the sauna, for that matter).
- Duck Dynasty - Episodes, Video & Schedule - aetv.com
- Watch Marc Maron: Thinky Pain Online | Netflix
Known for his "WTF" podcast and hilarious appearances on late-night talk shows, comedian Marc Maron focuses his acidic, self-loathing wit on everything from religion to pornography in this standup special filmed in a New York nightclub.
- Pocket universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrative, pocket universes are fictional artificially-created universes that exist within the bounds of another universe. The term pocket universe is derived from its illustration in the actual universe where it is usually portrayed as an orb which would fit in a pocket.
- Enrico Fermi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enrico Fermi (Italian: [en?ri.ko ?fe?.mi]
- Amazon.com: UNO 40th Anniversery Edition Card Game: Toys & Games
The Uno 40th anniversary edition card game features throwback graphics on the fronts and backs of the cards that are sure to invoke a sense of nostalgia in players. The rules are the same as normal Uno, with the only notable difference being the retro design of the cards.
- Hundredth monkey effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ? Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance - YouTube
This week's episode of Back to Work is kindly sponsored by: